Getting crushed by SonarQube

I have been upgrading our Sonar server from 4.5 to 4.5.2 and restructuring our project. I initially was planning on upgrading to SonarQube 5.0, but the upgrade process can’t seem to handle our database. After I upgraded to 4.5.2, I was restructuring. Initially we had each of our libraries setup as a separate project at work and there was a separate sonar project for each one. At one point we decided it was much better to consolidate them all under 1 git repository and make 1 maven master pom with each other project as a module in maven. When we did that we never got around to consolidating our Sonar project to 1 project with sub projects. After we upgraded to intelliJ we found that we couldn’t sue the sonar plugins to integrate with our environment as our project didn’t match our sonar project.

Hence I started working on restructuring it to reflect our current project structure. Of course me being me the first thing I want to do is update to the latest. After the Database Schema Upgrade to version 5.0 failed I restored from a previous backup and then did the upgrade to 4.5.2. After upgrading I also had to upgrade many of our plugins. Upon completion of that I ran the analysis and started working on fixing the new errors. I was getting pretty close to having all the issues fixed when I discovered many of the rules we were using were deprecated. We had 99 deprecated rules plugins so I disabled them and enabled the suggested replacements. Oh what a mistake, after being down to about 60 issues to fix that put me up to 1000. Ay!!! At the end we will have much better rules in place for our code, but after working on it all day today and not quite resolving all the issues I am sort of kicking myself for upgrading too much at once. Oh well I guess in the end it will be worth the pain.